Resilience Food Security Activity (RFSA) Purpose Two Lead (DRC)
The position is contingent upon funding and donor approval.
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 34,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Through our work, every 60 seconds … a family gets water … a hungry child is fed … a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
As the Resilience Food Security Activity (RFSA) Purpose Two Lead, you will provide oversight and guidance in the design and implementation of interventions for Purpose Two: Improved utilization of quality food among vulnerable people. You must have demonstrated experience effectively leading nutrition, WASH, and social behavior change programming intended to improve food, nutrition, and economic security. Experience specific to the DRC is highly advantageous.
- Master’s degree in a relevant academic area – e.g., nutrition, public health, or a related social science discipline – plus five years of relevant experience with increasing technical responsibility leading to senior level expertise are required
- Or undergraduate degree in a related field and eight years of relevant work experience with increasing technical responsibility leading to senior level expertise are required
- Experience effectively leading nutrition, WASH, and social behavior change programming intended to improve food, nutrition, and economic security
- Experience leading the development and implementation of evidence-based, multi-sectoral nutrition and WASH programming.
- At least 5 years of field experience
- Fluency in French are required, and professional proficiency in English and in the Congolese national language specific to the Kasai region is preferred.
- Direct experience in facilitating organizational change and designing OD interventions.
How to Apply
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply online by 31 MAR 2023.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.