Chemonics seeks a project director for an anticipated USAID bed net distribution project. The project will support the National Malaria Control Program in the DRC to achieve its goal of universal coverage with insecticide treated nets. The project director will be responsible for the overall management and implementation of the project. S/he will supervise project implementation and ensure that the project meets stated goals and reporting requirements. This position will be based in Kinshasa, DRC. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall leadership, management and technical direction to meet project goals of achieving universal coverage with insecticide treated nets through mass distribution campaigns and school-based distributions
- Serve as a primary liaison to USAID, implementing partners, the government of DRC, key government and non-government institutions and actors, and project stakeholders and counterparts in the public and private sectors
- Collaboratively create and implement a strategic, long-term programmatic vision that aligns with country and USAID priorities
- Supervise senior management team, technical, logistics, and administrative staff, and subcontracting organizations to ensure technical and logistical coordination
- Ensure consistency and that operational procedures are in place for bed net distribution, including commodity transport, storage, distribution, and use of IT systems for logistics management
- Coordinate with relevant parties to build the capacity of national systems
- Lead project work planning, performance management, and strategic communications
- Identify issues and risks related to project implementation in a timely manner and appropriate program adjustments
- A medical or advanced degree in public health, supply chain management, or related field
- Minimum eight years of experience in the management of public health programs, particularly malaria programs, mass campaigns, school campaigns, and supply chain management in the DRC
- Minimum five years of leadership experience in donor-funded public health programs of similar scope and size
- Prior supply chain management and public health experience in DRC or other francophone African countries
- Strong ability to collaborate and build partnerships with host country governments, U.S. government agencies, donor agencies, and international organizations
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills in both English and French required
How to Apply
Please apply through https://ghdrecruit.formstack.com/forms/rdc_moustiquaires_2
Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. Apply by February 28, 2020. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. The EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice is available at: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics. Military veterans, AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.