World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development, and advocacy organization devoted to improving the lives of children, families,https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/democratic-republic-of-the-congo/field-operations/program-manager-gffobmz-drc/14780 and their communities around the world.
Founded 65 years ago and now working in nearly 100 countries, World Vision implements disaster preparedness programs and helps build resilient communities. Our Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs team acts to save lives and alleviate the suffering of disaster-affected people by implementing sustainable programmes focused on meeting immediate and long-term needs.
Here’s where you come in:
As**, Program Manager (GFFO (Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development)/BMZ (German Federal Foreign Office)), DRC,** you will have overall responsibility for coordination of BMZ and GFFO activities. This includes networking and relationship building with local stakeholders and providing coordination and supervision to project staff while ensuring the accountability, and sustainability of the program and contribution to Child wellbeing outcomes. You will be responsible for technical leadership and administrative oversight of the program and will serve as the principal institutional liaison to the donor and local government entities. You shall have a keen understanding of the unique political and security dynamics in the area and work collaboratively with other WVDRC departments at zonal and national levels to ensure operations run smoothly and effectively.
- Minimum Qualification required: A university degree in Food Security science, development studies, social science, Engineering or related field.
- Experience: Minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible professional experience in Development programming in Emergency context, including experience in managing integrated food security, Nutrition, WASH, and Child Protection projects.
- Preferred: Certificate in project management with working experience preferably in development or emergency.
- It is preferred that this candidate have high proficiency in English, French, and Germany (negotiable).
- The stressful fast-paced environment in a high-risk area. A team environment with cultural diversity. This position is non accompanied.
How to Apply
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 04 JUN 2020. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.