World Vision Democratic Republic of Congo (WVDRC) has operations in 13 of DRC’s 26 provinces. WVDRC began in the 1980s as an emergency relief organization growing into one of the largest INGOs present in DRC, working across transformational development, humanitarian response and advocacy ministries for the well-being of children and their families. While rich in natural resources and wealth, decades of exploitation and poor governance in the DRC have led to protracted and violent conflicts over political power and natural resources. This has left 72% of 89.5 million Congolese living in extreme poverty on less than $1.90 a day.
By 2025 WV DRC and partners will contribute to the sustainable well-being of 44.1 million children through programming and advocacy work. Direct programming will reach almost 10 million children of which 7.9 million are considered Most Vulnerable Children.
Here’s where you come in:
As the National Director, you will:
- Provide overall strategic and operational leadership for World Vision DRC.
- Strategically lead, develop and direct the implementation of all aspects of World Vision Ministry in DRC as an effective member of the Partnership in line with Twin Citizenship principles to ensure high Ministry quality and high impact on the field; Be accountable for all of the above.
- Ensure that WV’s ministry is directly contributing to the sustained well-being of children and the fulfilment of their rights within families and communities.
- Represent WV to all donors, project partners, other WV Partnership offices and divisions, local Government, Church representatives and non-governmental organizations serving according to given Power of Attorney.
- Masters degree in international development, Social Science or related field is required.
- Requires at least 15 years’ experience in International NGO leadership.
- Minimum 3 years executive leadership experience in a large international organization.
- Significant executive experience in handling complex humanitarian emergencies and country/national multi-sectoral programs preferably in a fragile context.
- Proven experience in overseeing large Government grants, major private donors and/or complex multi-sectorial development and humanitarian programs.
- Requires prior experience in country strategy development, donor engagement, risk management and organizational development.
- French language proficiency is essential.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 40% of the time.
How to Apply
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 05 NOV 2021. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 34,000+ staff members in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Through our work, every 60 seconds… a family gets water… a hungry child is fed… a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.