The Monitoring & Evaluation Manager reports to the Country Operations Director (COD)
The M&E Manager will be based in Goma, DRC, with frequent travels to the field (North Kivu and Ituri Provinces).
12 months with possible extension subject to performance and availability of funds.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement monitoring systems and design monitoring tools and ensure a common and clear understanding of the appropriate use of M&E tools and processes among all technicians through regular capacity building;
- Identify performance indicators, develop quality assurance strategies and train project staff;
- Develop and manage the RET DRC program reporting system and implement the system by developing and monitoring the use of standardized tools, instruments, methods and procedures, including designing the key performance Indicators (KPI), logical frameworks, theory of change, etc.
- Make sure all aspects of the program monitoring and evaluation comply with institutional requirements
- Effective field coordination of data collection efforts to ensure the relevance, accuracy and reliability of data, and the centralization and systematization of field data (including baseline data, market research, rapid assessments, needs surveys and asset assessments - NAAS, etc.)
- Jointly with the field teams, monitor project activities, outputs and progress towards anticipated results.
- Knowledge and Information Management (KIM) of the RET country program, including identification, documentation and dissemination of successful innovations, lessons learned and good practice.
- Provide timely and appropriate technical advice and guidance on program implementation and development based on information provided by KIM systems.
- In collaboration with the COD, develop annual, quarterly and monthly plans for M&E projects and activities in accordance with logical project frameworks, to monitor progress and propose solution strategies in the event that projects are not on track.
- Write quality internal and external narrative reports in close collaboration with the COD and ensure timely submissions.
- Provide quality technical contributions for the development of project proposals in collaboration with the Country Operations Director.
- Jointly with the program management team, identify programming gaps and opportunities and ensure the relevance and quality of RET interventions so that they can strengthen autonomy while respecting specificity of gender, human rights and sensitivity through regular consultations and discussions with project participants, partners and other key stakeholders.
- Represent RET at program meetings and liaise with partners and other organizations as well as the represent RET for technical matters at donor meetings upon request.
Expected skills and qualifications
- A degree in Social Sciences, Information Management, Statistics or other relevant fields is mandatory;
- A minimum of 4 years professional experience in an international NGO in similar role/with similar responsibilities is required;
- Demonstrated understanding of monitoring and evaluation, specifically in the humanitarian and development context is required, including logical models, conceptual frameworks, and assessment/evaluation is required.
- Demonstrated experience developing tools and systems for, and building capacity of staff in skills related to program monitoring and documentation is required.
- Demonstrated experience in staff supervision is required.
- Demonstrated experience of implementing beneficiary complaint and feedback mechanisms is required.
- Proficiency in computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Power Point etc.) is required and proficiency in SPSS or similar data analysis software would be an advantage.
- Experience with mobile data collection techniques is preferred.
- Strong analytical, documentation, problem solving, interpersonal and negotiation skills are considered key assets.
- Ability to work with different partners, local authorities, local organizations and NGOs, to develop and maintain positive relationships is required.
- Strong leadership skills and proven experience in project and staff management.
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions is required.
- Professional fluency in spoken and written French and English writing are required.
How to Apply
For more information on how to apply please visit:
Due to the urgency to fill this post, RET reserves the right to review the CVs on a rolling basis and selected candidates may be interviewed prior to the closing dates listed, therefore early applications are encouraged. RET is not in a position to respond to every applicant individually due to the anticipated high number of applications. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.