International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies, and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Assignment Title: Mission Performance Monitoring Plan Consultant
Department/Location: Kinshasa, DRC/Remote
Technical Point of Contact: Deputy Chief of Party
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI) was awarded the Monitoring, Evaluation and Coordination Contract (MECC) in January of 2016. This contract provides monitoring & evaluation services to the USAID/DRC Mission as well as CLA support. The project is seeking an experienced Mission Performance Management Plan (PMP) Consultant that will help IBTCI provide USAID with a PMP. This is a short term consultant position, which is expected to begin in February 2021. This consultancy will have an estimated LOE of 30 days. The candidate is expected to be familiar with USAID’s project cycle and have had previous experience working with a PMP before.
Please note that the DRC has a security threat level of 5. The incumbent will need to follow the advice of his/her security advisor(s) and must have added awareness of his/her surroundings.
Using your expertise and subject matter skills, perform assigned tasks on specific task orders and/or contracts. Tasks could include, but not be limited to:
Scope of Work:
- Work closely with both MECC and USAID on the design of the PMP for the new CDCS, including leading meetings, workshops, and discussions on indicators and monitoring and evaluation tasks. Final PMP product will be a joint creation between the consultant, MECC and USAID and as such close collaboration and communication will be necessary.
- Ensure the validity of the information and indicators that contribute to the PMP and provide recommendations for improvements. Ensure proper alignment of the PMP to the CDCS and PAD.
- Establish status and/or baselines for new PMP indicators in a status report.
- Ensure timely delivery of progress reports and other activities that track all project meeting targets, achievements, challenges, and recommendations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Serve in the above consultant capacity to support the IBTCI technical practice of Crisis, Conflict & Governance.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
- At least 10 years of experience in M&E, with at least five years of experience in an international development context required.
- Experience advising clients on knowledge management, organizational development, and strategic communications in an international development context required.
- Demonstrated expertise of USAID M&E principles and requirements, including familiarity with ADS 203.
- Strong organizational skills, analytical capabilities, able to work in a fast-paced environment, demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Demonstrated skills in working collaboratively with others to create and maintain a team environment and culture.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English, professional proficiency in French preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to produce and edit reports and technical documents.
- Must have demonstrable experience designing USAID PMPs.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field; Master’s Degree Preferred.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with USAID M&E Mechanisms.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of USAID procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with US Government representatives.
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This position requires the incumbent to be mobile and agile at a moment's notice in case of emergency. This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20lbs.
Travel: This position is remote with potential travel to the DRC. International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile or conflict prone zones.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at TalentAcquisition@ibtci.com.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please go to the company's website with the following link: https://careers-ibtci.icims.com/jobs/2803/job