Palladium is seeking a Lead Advisor to deliver technical assistance to the Global Fund’s Private Sector Engagement Strategic Initiative (PSE SI) team in the DRC. For the application to be successful, applicants must currently have the right to work in the DRC. This must be stated in their application Cover Letter or CV.
The Lead Advisor will refine the programme design from Global Fund’s Private Sector Engagement Strategic Initiative (PSE SI) Phase I, develop activity-based contracts and payment models and support the delivery of those models through project planning, project initiation through mobilization to implementation and learning of lessons.
The Global Fund is a partnership to accelerate the end of AIDS, tuberculosis (TB), and malaria as epidemics is working in more than 100 countries. Palladium is working with the Global Fund’s Private Sector Engagement Strategic Initiative (PSE SI) to support grant recipient countries to harness private sector actors to deliver more impactful responses to the three diseases.
The lead advisor will work with the Global Fund team, the Principle Recipient (PR) and a variety of stakeholders including sub-recipients and sub-sub recipients of funding and service providers.
Palladium has worked with recipient country teams to identify opportunities where effective private sector engagement could deliver impressive results, define success and develop programmatic solutions (focused on contracting and performance management); Phase Two will provide technical assistance to the country entities for programme commissioning and delivery of the solutions, which will provide lessons to inform the development of PSE policy and guidelines for the Global Fund.
Palladium is seeking an advisor to work closely with the country team for a minimum of 12 months.
Working closely with the country entity and the Global Fund PSE team the Lead Advisor will:
- Lead the process of refining the program design and finalizing the funding (building on what has been achieved in Phase One) bringing together inputs from the GF PSE team, GF Country Team and the country entity;
- Lead the development of activity and results-based contracts and payment models in consultation with the GF PSE team and country team;
- Work along with the Performance Analyst to develop/adapt the management information systems to collate and analyse data on these models
- Build capacities of the country entity and private sector service providers in results-based contracting
- Lead project planning and management, supporting the contracting entity in:
- Project initiation through mobilization to implementation;
- Budgeting and resource allocation;
- Ensuring adequate governance mechanisms are being put in place by the local contracting entity
- Stakeholder engagement and relationship management;
- Ensuring data capture systems are identified and M&E process and plan is defined (with the local contracting entity)
- Developing and implementing systems to deliver high quality and performance on contracts, and;
- Ensuring a constant cycle of evaluation and learning, and feedback to the GF PSE, GF country teams, country government and partners on progress and lessons.
- Overseeing the work of an in-country performance analyst
- The Lead Advisor will be expected to be present in-country for at least one week per month
- Demonstrable experience of building capacity of private sector providers of services in the health or social development sectors and/or the organisations that purchase those services
- Proven experience of activity/results-based contracting and payment by results for social development programmes.
- Academic degree in public health, health economics, MBA, finance or related disciplines. Lack of academic background can be compensated by experience – especially in results-based contracting.
- Proven experience of having worked in social development. Experience of working on health programmes which focus on the Global Funds’ disease areas is desirable.
- Proven track record of delivering programme outputs, including producing high-quality written content (e.g., reports, technical or operational guidelines etc.), and achieving desired results.
- Track record of coordinating and quality assuring the work of teams, including consultants.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Excellent spoken and written French.
- Experience implementing Global Fund programmes desired
How to Apply
To apply, submit your CV at: https://palladium.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/2/home/requisition/11822?c=palladium