All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
With 25 million people in need, the DR Congo is one of the largest humanitarian and protection crises in the world. Conflict continues to cause millions to flee their homes. Food insecurity is on the rise and the COVID-19 is producing increased challenges for the people of DR Congo with the secondary impact putting an even greater strain on the most vulnerable.
DR Congo is NRC’s largest operation in Central and West Africa, with programmes in Petit Nord Kivu, Grand Nord Kivu, Sud Kivu, Ituri, Kasai, and Tanganyika and a team of over 400 dedicated humanitarian workers. In 2019, NRC’s teams assisted over 600,000 people through a multi-sectoral response across the displacement cycle. NRC runs a large market-based emergency response, in addition to a range of rights-based programmes to promote stability and pathways to durable solutions. NRC in DR Congo is piloting a Humanitarian Mediation Programme that seeks to explore new ways to prevent people from being forced to flee.
The purpose of the Head of Support (HoS) position is to ensure that all support functions are providing high quality and efficient support to programme implementation.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Line management for support function managers such as Finance, HR & Admin and Logistics), ICT
- Member of the Country Management Group (CMG)
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and handbooks and donor/auditor requirements
- Facilitate the support functions strategic input to the development of the Country Strategy and Plan of Action
- Provide input on operational support in proposal development, and to coordinate and align operational support with programme plans
- Responsible for ensuring quality support to project implementation.
- Facilitate the Master Support Budget, country level budgets and BPO development, including assessment and monitoring of costs and resource allocation needs
- Drive NRC DR Congo initiatives to reach its indicators in the Balance Score Card on HR, ICT, finance, finance and logistics, reporting and compliance.
- Ensure the development, implementation and maintenance of compliance measures in the support department
- Ensure support functions in the Country office provide the adequate support to the Area Office (field missions, training, helpdesk, etc...)
- Ensure dissemination and understanding of NRC Policies and DR Congo Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), inside and outside his/her department
- Participate in meetings/clusters with partners, donors or local authorities for activities related to the support department
- Anticipate and track support-related audit recommendations and provide pragmatic solutions to improve the mission accountability and respect of local legislation.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in senior management in a humanitarian context
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts
- Team player and solution-driven
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English and French, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the region
- Strategic thinking
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing resources to optimize results
This is a re-advertisement! Candidates who previously applied , please do not re-apply !
What we offer
24 Months of full-time contract
A Competitive salary and benefits according to International staff terms and conditions, including contributions to a pension fund
Grade: 11 in NRC's grade structure
Duty station: Goma, DR Congo with 25% travel to the field
Start date: 1 August 2021
An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start!
How to Apply
To Learn More regarding this role, please click on the link below