GIS Data Management and Production Specialist Long Term Technical Assignment Democratic Republic of Congo
SoCha, LLC is contracted to provide technical and advisory services to the United States Agency for International Development in the Democratic Republic of Congo (USAID/DRC) on the 5-year Mission Strategic Support Program (MSSP). The purpose of MSSP is to provide these services in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating, and learning from monitoring and evaluation of the Mission’s portfolios assisting the mission with the strategy and activity-level performance monitoring, evaluation and learning, including conducting data gathering and verification, data visualization (with Geographic Information Systems), data quality assessments, impact and performance evaluations, assessments, organizational learning, and collaboration among USAID implementing partners, developing a baseline M&E knowledge within the mission and tailoring a curriculum to provide skills development to the mission staff.
SoCha is looking for an experienced GIS Data Management & Production Specialist.
Geographic Information Systems
- Support and collaborate with USAID staff to develop both standard and innovative geospatial products that enhance mission monitoring, evaluation and learning requirements and other communications needs;
- Design and implement GIS projects to generate custom maps, geographic visualizations, analyses and reports;
- Maintain a well-structured geographic information system database. The database will include relevant data sets such as activity location, roadmaps, demographics, transportation, topography, weather, natural resources, infrastructure and other relevant context;
- Obtain and manage the collection of activity location data from USAID partners and other sources and produce recurring activity location maps at national and regional level;
- Produce mapping deliverables using data from Third Party Monitoring (TPM) activities, program evaluations, and special studies and evaluations;
- Work with TPM staff to collect and clean tracking and geolocation data;
- Provide training on GIS and knowledge management to USAID Mission and its implementing partners. The training sessions will increase capabilities in capturing and presenting relevant geographic data, perform analyzes and collaborate on better use of spatial data;
- Develop an annual guidance document specifying requirements for maps and visualizations;
- Maintain state of the art software and computer systems and GIS databases in MSSP Kinshasa and other offices;
- And any other requirements required to meet the GIS needs of the project.
Data Management & production
- Support USAID in disseminating DIS to Mission staff and implementing partners, as well as training, coaching and problem solving related to the use of DIS;
- Support the USAID mission in monitoring data submission by implementing partners in DIS;
- Support the USAID Development Assistance and Knowledge Management Specialist in any tasks required to update and process data in DIS;
- Participate in the analysis of data related to the mission’s PMP and PPR indicators including supporting the MSSP MEL team in the production of relevant related visualizations;
- Manage the MSSP AMELP indicator database including monitoring, processing and reporting on satisfaction survey data;
- Support MSSP teams, consultants and contracted firms in the management of databases for the various studies, assessments and evaluations.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced degree in statistics, economics, data analysis, geography, information technology or other discipline related to management information systems;
- Eight years of demonstrable work experience in data management and analysis;
- Eight years of experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection;
- Experience with data management in the context of donor funded projects;
- Demonstrated ability to understand, use, manipulate, and refine spatial and other types of data from a wide range of sources, including experience compiling metadata;
- Experience developing and using maps, charts, and graphs to display data;
- Ability to communicate, negotiate, develop and maintain strategic partnerships in research and data management;
- Ability to read, interpret and apply technical documents;
- Experience working with satellite imagery, geospatial policy, GIS editing, cartography or urban geography preferred;
- Experience working with ArcGIS, QGIS and Microsoft Excel, SPSS, Stata, Google, Word and PowerPoint;
- Strong skills in HTML, CSS, MySQL, XHTML
- Experience producing high quality work while meeting multiple deadlines simultaneously;
- Fluency in French, and Fluency in English highly preferred.
How to Apply
To apply, please use the following link: https://jobs.socha.net/gis-data-management-and-production-specialist/03/06/2023/
Applications close on March 23rd, 2023. Promising candidates may be selected before the deadline.