International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Deputy Chief of Party/Assessment Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Department/Location: Kinshasa, DRC
Reports To: Chief of Party
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: This is a managerial, exempt-level position
MECC is a five-year contract implemented by IBTCI to provide monitoring, evaluation, analytic, coordination, and research services to two primary USAID initiatives in the DRC, which are implemented under two components of the MECC task order, Component 1: the Mission’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS), and Component 2: ACCELERE!, an education program jointly funded by USAID and DFID. It is intended to support Mission wide objectives and provide analytical tools and services that allows the Mission to undertake performance management that will guide them in the full implementation of the CDCS PMP and ACCELERE! results framework.
IBTCI is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party/Assessment Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist for its project in Kinshasa, DRC. This individual will provide monitoring, evaluation, analytic, coordination and research services to USAID/DRC’s Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) and the USAID/DFID joint education program (ACCELERE!). Applicants must have strong English and French writing skills.
Please note that the DRC has a security threat level of 5. The incumbent will need to follow the advice of his/her security advisor(s) and must have added awareness of his/her surroundings.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the Lead of Component 1 and as a key member of Component 2.
- Oversee production and ensure quality of all assessments, data, analytical reports and evaluations including the testing of the development hypothesis.
- Support the Mission in the development of quality evaluation scopes of work.
- As requested, review and discuss indicators and reporting with implementing partners and COR/AORs and help operationalize indictors by collaborating with USAID Technical Teams with definitions data collection, data analysis and target setting.
- As requested, conduct events and seminars that promote collaboration and learning between USAID, implementing partners and other stakeholders or that publicize major findings and/or disseminate final evaluation reports as part of USAID/DRC’s learning agenda.
- Provide training, as requested, for USAID/DRC staff and/or partner on activity-level monitoring and evaluation plan development.
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation activities under this contract are in accordance with USAID regulations and USAID Education technical and reporting requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in knowledge management and organizational learning.
- Previous experience with M&E training/capacity building.
- Prior experience working in Africa and/or other conflict affected countries preferred.
- At least 7 years of international experience in the design and management of evaluations (with demonstrated experience in both impact and performance evaluations), analyses and assessments, including the design of evaluation methodologies, participatory data collection methods and protocols, and data verification techniques.
- At least 8-10 years of demonstrated experience developing PMPs, monitoring project implementation, and verifying data from large development projects.
- Must have a demonstrated track record successfully monitoring project and activity results and indicators of gender integration and inclusiveness, youth engagement and conflict sensitivity.
- A graduate degree in the field of evaluation and research methodology, international development or a related technical field, with substantive training in M&E, or a bachelor’s degree and 5 years’ experience in addition to the required minimums.
- At least 7 years of experience recruiting, forming and successfully managing teams, and ensuring the quality of their products.
- Have all necessary computer, database, statistical software, and analytical skills, particularly in issues related to monitoring and evaluation.
- Demonstrated quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills.
- Experience in knowledge management and organizational learning.
- M&E training/capacity building experience.
- Excellent English and French writing skills and speaking ability are required. Bidders should submit a writing sample.
- Prior experience working in Africa and/or conflict affected countries is preferred.
Education: Master’s degree in international development or related technical field and substantive training in monitoring and evaluation OR a bachelor's degree PLUS 5 year's of experience in addition to the required minimums required.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: S/he will supervise a team of 2-3 M&E Specialists.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. We are an E-Verify Employer. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Human Resources at 703-749-0100.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please click the following link for the Devex job posting: https://www.devex.com/jobs/deputy-chief-of-party-assessment-monitoring-evaluation-specialist-724918?