Are you looking for an opportunity to lead a team of humanitarian and mine action professionals in one of the world’s most challenging contexts? Can you lead an established programme to excellence and growth, and ensure quality and accountability?
As our new Country Director, you will lead the DCA country team of 67 national and 6 international staff, and you will inspire and lead the strategic direction and organizational development of the programme. You will be responsible for nurturing relations with national authorities, donors, and other stakeholders, as well as for identifying fundraising opportunities and ensuring a strong focus on security management and duty of care for staff.
DCA DR Congo Programme
DCA has implemented humanitarian projects in DR Congo since 2004. DCA aims to protect vulnerable communities in DR Congo, and to contribute to efforts to improve stability and social cohesion by addressing and mitigating the consequences of conflict and displacement. We clear explosive remnants of war, and assist communities affected by conflict and displacement by addressing protection needs and ensuring access to improved educational opportunities. We apply a people-centered approach to tackle interlinked humanitarian and security needs, and aim to build positive relationships between communities, authorities, and institutions, to improve community safety and encourage the development of local economies. At the center of our work is our belief that local communities are the best agents of change.
Key responsibilities of the Country Director include:
- To ensure the overall leadership and management of the country programme.
- To define and implement DCA’s country strategy and develop the country programme.
- To resource the vision and strategy and pave the way for growth.
- To lead DCA’s fundraising strategy and increase the donor portfolio.
- To ensure delivery with relevance, effectiveness, transparency, and accountability in all areas of work including all relevant country office performance indicators.
- To lead and mentor our team of dedicated international and national staff.
- To represent DCA in the DR Congo towards national and local authorities, international and national humanitarian stakeholders and communities.
- To manage donor, grant, and stakeholder relationships.
We are looking for the following qualifications and experience:
- Minimum 5 years leadership experience at a similar level, preferably in complex humanitarian environments.**
- Strong programme implementation experience and the ability to make things happen under trying circumstances.
- Strong communications skills, both spoken and written. Fluency in written and spoken English and French.**
- Strong ability to plan, coordinate and lead processes that include multiple stakeholders and interests.
- Proven ability to mentor, coach and develop staff, and create a conducive working environment.
- Strong experience with fundraising, networking, donor liaison and coordination.
- Strong analytical skills and capacity.
- Good command and interest in grants and financial management and compliance.**
- Cultural sensitivity, strong communication and diplomatic skills, with the ability to build relations both within and outside DCA.
- A relevant academic qualification.**
- Experience from the country or near region is an added advantage.**
- Prior work experience from the humanitarian mine action sector is an added advantage, as is experience and understanding of working in conflict environments and fragile states.
- A 2-year renewable contract.
- Accompanied position in Goma (partner only).
- A competitive salary package starting from DKK 49,000 to be negotiated based on experience.
- 6 weeks of paid vacation and a generous R&R package.
- Insurance as per industry standards.
- An opportunity to make a difference in a challenging environment and improve the lives of people living in conflict and poverty.
All interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion, or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy. Only applications in English and consisting as a minimum of a CV and a cover letter will be considered, and only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please note that only applications submitted through our recruitment system will be considered: https://www.danchurchaid.org/join-us/jobs/international-vacancies. To apply please upload your CV and cover letter no later than 28 May 2022. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis, and DCA reserves the right to select a candidate prior to the deadline.
Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding Policy. DCA conducts an anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment with us.
For further information regarding this position, please contact Camilla Plesner Nielsen, HR Consultant, on email@example.com. For more information on DCA please visit our website, http://www.danchurchaid.org.
How to Apply
Apply by clicking "Apply" in the following link: Re-post: DanChurchAid (DCA) is looking for a Country Director for the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) I DanchurchAid (emply.com)