The USAID-funded Feed the Future Strengthening Value Chains (SVC) project in the Republic of Congo (DRC), implemented by Tetra Tech International Development (www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest for an Agricultural Banking Consultant. This position will be working in the main cities of Bukavu, Goma, and Kinshasa.
The goal of this one-month consultancy is to assist Equity BCDC’s Agricultural Department management team to review the current agricultural credit policy to have a sector-specific, competitive, and comprehensive credit policy that is better suited to agricultural operators in the DRC.
- Review credit criteria
- Set the costs of competitive and profitable credits
- Structure the financing and risk management tools for product varieties (start up, working capital for two seasons, Investments, warrantages, leasing, combination of two simultaneous products, etc.)
- Adapted and flexible guarantee policy (for the bank and advisory mechanism for clients)
- Recommend the strategic partnerships to be made (training and legal center, research institutes, tasting centers, freight forwarders, network of buyers, regional and international players)
- Recommend a set of advice to be undertaken by agro loan officers before, during and after the credit process to increase the portfolio, retain customers and anticipate competition
- Complete credit policy (before, during and after), risk management tools and associated training for the necessary upgrade for staffs
- Complete product range for the agricultural credit offer
- And other related responsibilities
- Minimum of Bachelor of science (higher Degree preferable) in Economics, Agribusiness, or related field
- At least 7 years of experience with a Bachelor of Science or 5 years with a Master’s degree.
- Extensive Experience in Agricultural Finance (value chains such as coffee, soybeans, beans, cocoa, cotton, rice, and corn highly desirable) for domestic and export markets to US and EU.
- Financing experience with warrantage, leasing, financing of purchase contracts, financing of agricultural start-ups would be an asset
- Experience working in Africa and rural development
- Experience in the implementation of new products in a financial institution with an agricultural vocation
- Fluency in French (English or Swahili would be a plus)
How to Apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
- Reference List
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/AFC-DRC
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 20,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.